Terms and Conditions
1. Some Registration Marks are subject to VAT. All Registration Marks sold are subject to Department of Transport fee.
2. Price Promise “We will endeavour to match or beat any price quoted where a number is available from another number plate dealer, where we are both advertising an identical or similar Registration Mark”. The Price Promise is available until a purchase is made i.e. It is not a retrospective price promise.
3. It is illegal to display the New Registration Mark before the transfer is completed by The Department of Transport.
1.Vehicles to which registrations are to be transferred to must be taxed and the type that have to have valid MOT or GVT (Goods Vehicle Test)certificates.
4. If a customer pays a part payment on a Registration Mark and subsequently wishes to pay the balance on a credit or charge card we are at liberty to surcharge the said customer. (NOTE – we only surcharge the % that the individual card company charges us).
5. All Registration Marks are sold subject to availability and although Original Registrations Ltd check out the availability of every registration mark before selling, they cannot accept any responsibility should the registration become unavailable or in the unlikely event of failure of the transfer at Vehicle Registration Office level. In these circumstances Original Registrations Limited will try and find a suitable replacement Registration Mark or refund the purchaser in full. Original Registrations Ltd liability will be limited to a full refund (unless it is in some way the fault of the purchaser) and any claims for damages, interest on monies paid or any other expenses will not be entertained.
6. Any full or part payment taken on a registration mark is non-returnable (unless the transfer cannot proceed due to the default of the donor or failure of the transfer at Vehicle Registration Office level). If part payment is taken at the point of sale the balance will be due within 14 days unless alternative payment arrangements were made and confirmed by Original Registrations Ltd in writing. Failure to pay the balance within the time limits will result in the forfeit of any monies paid and the Registration Mark will be placed back on the market.
7. Your rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 are lost on accepting a contract to purchase the entitlement to display a registration mark. The service procedure begins immediately and cannot be cancelled.
8. Prices subject to change without notice. Although Original Registrations Ltd make every attempt to assure the prices advertised are correct, the occasional mistake can occur due to the large amount of registration marks available at any time. If a customer purchases a registration mark that is subsequently found to be incorrectly priced, Original Registrations liability will be limited to a full refund of any monies paid.
9.We sell Registration Marks owned by clients, Government Stock and our Own Stock.
10. Should the transfer fail due to the default of the purchaser in any way, including not paying the balance or supplying the necessary documentation, Original Registrations will not be liable for any payment to the seller, but we will, with their permission, re-advertise their registration mark.
11. Any Registration Marks supplied on a certificate will need to be transferred to a vehicle by the expiry date of on the certificate; this will be the responsibility of the purchaser. There are some registration numbers that Original Registrations will not be able to supply on certificates. In these circumstances, the purchaser will be required to supply documents to allow such numbers to be transferred onto a vehicle. Some Certificates of Entitlement or Retention Documents can be extended by Original Registrations Ltd but these are limited to those where Original Registrations Ltd are the Purchaser on a Certificate of Entitlement or Grantee on a Retention Document. If the certificate is one that can be extended, there will be a fee of £75 payable to Original Registrations Ltd to extend the certificate, which will need to be paid before the certificate expires.
12. Many Registration Marks can be supplied on a Certificate of Entitlement within 3-5 working days, but other types of transfer can take 4-6 weeks and all transfers can take up to 12 weeks. Although we do often give you an idea of timescale for transfer to be completed at the point of sale this can vary due to unforeseen circumstances. It should be understood that where we are advertising a Mark for a private seller, the Mark is held by the seller until the transaction is complete, and not by OriginalRegistrations.co.uk, thus slow action on the part of the seller may occasionally cause delay. If we are unable to complete a transfer within 12 weeks of receipt of cleared funds and correct documentation from the purchaser a full refund of all monies paid will be made.
13. Once a transfer has been authorised by the Department of Transport (DVLA Swansea), all liabilities will be rescinded by Original Registrations Ltd.
14. It is the sole responsibility of the Purchaser to ensure that the correct details are entered when purchasing a registration mark online and when speaking to a representative of Original Registrations Ltd. Phonetics should be used when referring to a registration mark, as many letters of the alphabet sound similar on the phone.
15. Purchasers in Northern Ireland should be aware that if a Registration Mark is currently being held on a certificate, they may not be able to transfer directly onto a vehicle. The transfer of a Registration Mark to Northern Ireland may also take longer and involve extra fees.
16. You cannot make a vehicle appear younger than it is by changing the registration mark .For example; - You cannot put an “R” prefix registration on a “P” prefix vehicle as it would make the vehicle appear younger. You can however put any prefix registration from “A” to “P” on a “P” prefix vehicle.
17. Registration Marks must be displayed correctly. You may not and must not misrepresent, alster or wrongly space the letters or numbers on a number plate in any way. Doing so would constitute a breach of the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.
18. On occasion, OriginalRegistrations.co.uk may publish images depicting number plates that do not conform to current regulations. This will only occur when the image features a vehicle that actually bears a plate, or plates, that do not conform to regulations. In such cases, OriginalRegistrations.co.uk simply depicts the reality of how the plate is being displayed. We do not promote or condone the display of non-regulation numberplates, and we actively advise against it. Original Registrations Ltd is not affiliated to the DVLA, thus it is not appropriate for us to interfere in the policing and enforcement of the regulations in any way - including through the censorship of images that may reflect failure on the part of the authorities to enforce those regulations.
19. Original Registrations Ltd cannot accept responsibility for delays or errors caused by the postal system, e-mail, the Department of Transport, DVLA, any unforeseen circumstances or any failure or delay on the part of the donor or the receiving vehicles.
20. Calls may be monitored for training purposes.
21.Terms of the Deferred Payment Plan agreement:
1. The registration number specified in the agreement will remain the property of OriginalRegistrations.co.uk until receipt of the final instalment in full and complete settlement of the transaction.
2. No amount in respect of interest charges is payable on the agreed price; the total price agreed in the agreement is the total price the customer will pay.
3. In the event of cancellation or any of the scheduled payments becoming overdue by a period of 14 days, OriginalRegistrations.co.uk reserves the right to give the customer written notice of cancellation of the agreement, and will charge a cancellation fee of 20% ofany monies paid, as well as retaining the initial non-refundable deposit. Where deduction of the 20% cancellation fee applies, the balance of repayments made will be refunded to the customer and the registration number will be placed back on the market.
22. The terms of this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
23. In addition to operating an internal complaints procedure (via the Contact Us link on our homepage), we comply with two independent Codes of Practice. As members of the CNDA and RMI, we can offer the use of an Independent Conciliation and Arbitration process. The Codes of Practice for both CNDA and RMI can be found at:http://www.rmif.co.uk/index.php?op=page&id=19. Alternatively, the RMI can be contacted by writing to: Head of CNDA, RMI, 201 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5AB.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.
When you submit any contribution (be it text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) to OriginalRegistrations.co.uk, either expressly for publication or as part of a competition entry, you agree, by the act of sending your material, to the following conditions:
• You agree to grant OriginalRegistrations.co.uk a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute and create derivative works from your contribution. If you do not want to grant us free use of what you send, then we respectfully request that you do not contribute items to OriginalRegistrations.co.uk.
• Additionally, by submitting your contribution to OriginalRegistrations.co.uk, you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and/or that you have the legal right to make it available to OriginalRegistrations.co.uk for any and all the purposes listed above.
• You also warrant, by the act of submission, that your contribution is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
• Furthermore, you indemnify OriginalRegistrations.co.uk against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by OriginalRegistrations.co.uk as a result of your breach of any applicable law or of the warranty set out above.
• Freelances wishing to submit on a possible commercial basis should contact OriginalRegistrations.co.uk before submitting contributions, as all material received without prior discussion is subject to these terms and conditions.
• At no time, for the sake of obtaining material to submit to OriginalRegistrations.co.uk, should you endanger yourself or others, or infringe any laws.
• On occasion, OriginalRegistrations.co.uk may publish images depicting number plates that do not conform to current regulations. This will only occur when the image features a vehicle that actually bears a plate, or plates, that do not conform to regulations. In such cases, OriginalRegistrations.co.uk simply depicts the reality of how the plate is being displayed. We do not promote or condone the display of non-regulation numberplates, and we actively advise against it. Original Registrations Ltd is not affiliated to the DVLA, thus it is not appropriate for us to interfere in the policing and enforcement of the regulations in any way - including through the censorship of images that may show failure on the part of the authorities to enforce those regulations. However, acceptance of an image submitted for publication that depicts non-regulation number plates does not imply endorsement of the display of such non-regulation plates.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.